Ebates: Clothes & Vacations Beat Electronics as Top Holiday Gifts for Adults
SAN FRANCISCO - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Ebates.com, the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping, today announced findings from its Ebates 2012 Holiday Wish List Survey. The national survey of more than two-thousand adults conducted online on its behalf by Harris Interactive in November 2012 discovered that clothing was the number one most-wanted gift this holiday (33%), followed by a vacation (28%). Rounding out the top ten most-wanted gifts by adults are: Laptop (20%), Tablet (18%), Android/iPhone Smartphone (17%), Jewelry (17%), Homemade Gift (16%), Spa Day (16%), Tickets to a sporting event (13%) and latest E-reader (8%).
When it comes to the top gift choices, answers vary by gender:
- More women want clothes versus men (38% versus 28%)
- More men want tickets to a sporting event (18% versus 9%)
- More women want E-readers like the Kindle or Nook (10% versus 5%)
- 5% of men did say they would like a spa day (versus 26% of women)
While parents may not rate electronics as their top gift choices, they are certainly in tune with what their kids want for a holiday gift. When asked what they thought their kids under the age of 18 would most want for a holiday gift, they answered:
- Latest Android or iPhone (15%); while 21% of 8-18 year olds said this in the complimentary youth 2012 Holiday Wish List Survey.
- Latest Tablet or mini tablet (15%); while 14% of youth said this
- Clothes (10%); while 11% of youth said this
Related Business Wire News