Give to the Max Day Returns on Nov. 15 to Raise Money for Minnesota Nonprofit Organizations and Schools - Celebrations Include Local Principals Riding a Roller Coaster, Puppies Galore and 24 Hours of Comedic Improv
(BUSINESS WIRE) - GiveMN:
"Give to the Max Day" returns for its fourth year on Nov. 15 and Minnesotans will once again be challenged to raise as much money as possible for nonprofit organizations and schools in 24 hours. GiveMN has raised more than $50 million for over 6,700 Minnesota nonprofits. The success of Give to the Max Day has spurred similar fundraising days for states across the country. Give to the Max Day was created to increase giving to nonprofits across the state. Donations on Give to the Max Day can be made through GiveMN.org, a charitable giving website that helps Minnesotans discover, support and engage with nonprofits and schools.
NEW IN 2012:
- This year, K-12 public schools will join the ranks of organizations that can benefit from the 24-hour giving fest. GiveMN launched "Schools on GiveMN," allowing K-12 public schools to fundraise on the site.
- The community celebration at Mall of America is back with local principals riding a roller coaster throughout the day to encourage giving, a day-long webathon hosted by The UpTake and an evening program to celebrate nonprofit organizations and schools.
- Golden Tickets with $1,000 prize grants are expanded to schools. One nonprofit and one school donor will be chosen at random every hour during Give to the Max Day and prize grants will be awarded to the nonprofit or school to which they donated.
- Two $10,000 "Supersized" Golden Tickets to one nonprofit and one school donor who gave during Give to the Max Day will be awarded to the nonprofit or school they donated to, and a $500 prize grant will be awarded to the "Most Creative Give to the Max Day Fundraising Campaign" at the Association of Fundraising Professionals Minnesota Chapter National Philanthropy Day luncheon on Nov. 16.
- Mobile donation is available. Minnesotans can use their smartphones and tablets to access GiveMN.org on any mobile device.
Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012
|Midnight||Give to the Max Day starts at GiveMN.org|
|Throughout the Day||
Special events at local nonprofits (some detailed below); Mall of America events include roller coaster riding principals, The UpTake livestream "give-a-thon" and a "Celebrate to the Max" social hour celebration at Stir Crazy. The event is free to the public, but people MUST register at http://bit.ly/celebrateGTMD. Musical entertainment from Alison Scott, Mayda, Chris Koza and OSO will follow in the Southeast Court of the Mall and is open to the general public, no registration necessary. Throughout the day, Eyenga Bokamba, local artist, will be creating 24 canvasses as one to represent 24 hours of giving.
Friday, Nov. 16, 2012
|Midnight||Give to the Max Day ends|
|Noon||Two $10,000 "Supersized" Golden Tickets awarded at the Association of Fundraising Professionals National Philanthropy Day luncheon at Minneapolis Marriott City Center.|
Monday, Nov. 19, 2012
|Results from Give to the Max Day posted to GiveMN.org|
Related Business Wire News